What is Gyan Mudra
In Gyan Mudra, knowledge means intelligence. Practicing it regularly increases intelligence. Regular practice of this increases our intelligence. Therefore, to do this yoga, it is very necessary to do this type of mudras. According to Indian astrology, our thumb is the symbol of Mars and the index finger is the symbol of Jupiter. This mudra increases the air mass, hence it is also called air boosting posture. Gyan Mudra is the Shiromani Mudra. What is knowledge? Yoga skilled told Janaka that knowing what is ignorance is knowledge. Most people do not know how chaotic or ignorant their actions, thoughts, or routines are. That is a mechanical or unconscious life. Read – Benefits of Dhanurasana
How To Do Gyan Mudra
- First of all, place it on a flat place
- Now sit in Sukhasana, Padmasana or Vajrasana.
- Now put both your hands on your knees and the palm of your hands should be towards the sky.
- Now the index finger has to be rounded and touch the front part of the thumb.
- Remove all thoughts from the mind and focus the mind only on Know – Nadi Shodhana Pulse Resection pranayama
Do this for 15 minutes to 45 minutes. This pose can be applied while walking, sleeping, awake, waking up. The more time you spend, the more the profit will increase.
Thumb index means
The thumb is the fire element and the index finger is the air element. In astrology or planetary mode, the thumb is the symbol of Mars and the index finger is the planet. The union of these two elements and planets increases the air element and the master dominates. It is also called the union of Shiva and Shakti. Without air, fire cannot burn, and fire increases with the addition of air. The thumb is a symbol of wisdom and also of fire. Therefore, the development of intelligence occurs with the union of the index finger and thumb. The thumb is a symbol of the divine and index finger. Let,s Know – Benefits of Chakrasana
Benefits of Gyan Mudra
- There is an increase in air elements due to the joining of thumb and index finger. This removes negative thoughts. Wisdom develops. Concentration increases. Memory increases and mental strength develops.
- Excellent posture for intellectuals, thinkers, teachers, students due to increased concentration.
- There are pressure points of the brain and pituitary gland in the forefinger of the thumb and there is a point of mind on the forearm of the index finger. And that results in mental hygiene.
- Knowledge fibers of the brain are functional. There is a slight spasm.
- No matter what kind of mind a child is, his / her Megha Shakti starts developing quickly and the memory power is also strong. What happens when Agni and Vayu meet? Fire is intense. Mild wisdom also shines. Read – padmasana disadvantages
- Misconceptions, negative, bad thoughts are removed from the mind. Instant release from mental stress and tension related headaches are also removed. Insanity of the mind is removed by its constant practice.
- Pituitary gland located in the brain, the pineal gland is affected. Performing this mudra thrice is very beneficial.
- In headaches and migraines, doing Gyan Mudra and Prana Mudra together is more beneficial.
- This posture is essential for progress in the spiritual realm. With the continuous practice of Gyanmudra, the knowledge system of a human being develops. The sixth sense develops. The ability to know what is on one’s mind is attained. This mudra is mandatory in meditation and samadhi.
- It is beneficial in restlessness, insanity, irritability, anger, etc. This mudra provides peace, acts as a tranquilizer, hence beneficial in insomnia. This currency also has an advantage in Behosi.