There are 12 asanas in the practice of Surya Namaskar which are practiced in every two steps. The practice of 12 Yoga Asanas completes one sequence of Surya Namaskar. To complete the second phase of Surya Namaskar, the first step is to repeat again, the difference between the first and second phase is just right and left leg. Different forms of Surya Namaskar are found in the yoga world, although it is better to practice the same pattern regularly and get good results from the same practice.
Surya Namaskar for good health gives us an opportunity to express our gratitude to the Sun for preserving life on earth. For the next few days, start your day with a feeling of gratitude and kindness towards the sun’s energy. Read – Nadi Shodhana pranayama
Surya Namaskar is the best among the Yogasanas. Because Surya Namaskar is yoga performed in 12 postures. By its regular practice, the body of a yogi is healthy and healthy, and at the same time, it becomes sharp inside the yogi. In these 12 postures, the body is completely stretched from the waist to the front and back. While performing these postures, 12 mantras are recited. This results in oxygen circulation throughout the body and good blood flow. Blood pressure is comfortable, weight is reduced. Surya Namaskar gets rid of many diseases. Let us know which are these 12 asanas. Let,s Know – Benefits of Chakrasana
12 Step of Surya Namaskar
- Step 1 – Pranam asana (Prayer pose) – Surya Namaskar begins with Pranam Mudra. To do this, first of all, decide 2 feet from the front of your mat or sheet, standing in a careful posture, raising your two hands parallel to the shoulder, keeping both palms in the parallel position of your chest. Glue the front of the hands to each other, then bring the hands to the front in the same position and stand in the posture of namaskar, moving around the bottom.
- Step 2 -Hasta Uttanasana (Raised arms pose) – Breathing out, stretch both arms up towards the ears and stretch the arms upwards and tilt the arms and neck backward from the waist. During this asana, you will try to take long and deep breaths because by deep and long breaths, the capacity of the lungs increases. And also with regular practice, the health of the heart remains intact and healthy. The whole body improves health by getting more oxygen. Let,s Read – Benefits of Dhanurasana
- Step 3 – Padahastasana (Standing forward bend) – In the third stage, while exhaling the breath slowly, bend forward. In this posture we hold our toe with both our hands and the ankle of the foot is also caught. Since this asana is done by holding the feet with the hands, it is called Padahastasana. This posture is done by standing.
- Step 4 – Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Low Lunge pose) – While doing this posture, the paw of the foot should remain standing. To do this asana, take the right leg back while keeping your hands on the ground and breathing. After that, while pulling the chest forward, try to raise the neck as much as possible. Keep in mind that during the practice of this asana, do not bend the waist, for this, the spinal cord should be straight and vertical.
- Step 5 – Dandasana (Stick pose) – While exhaling slowly, move the left leg backward. Keep in mind that your two legs are joined together. During the exercise, raise the buttock so that all the weight of the body remains on both the knees. Now try to stretch the body backward and mix the ankles on the ground and try to bend the neck.
- Step 6 – Ashtanga Namaskara (Salute with eight parts or points) – While breathing in this position, prostrate the body equal to the ground and put the knee, chest, and chin on the ground. Release the breath by raising the thighs slightly.
- Step 7 – Bhujangasana (Cobra pose) – In this case, while filling the breath slowly, straighten the hands while pulling the chest forward. Move the neck back so that the knees touch the ground and the toes of the feet remain standing. It is also called Bhujangasana. Know – Padmasana Disadvantages
- Step 8 – Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward facing dog pose) – In this, slowly move the right leg back while exhaling slowly. Keep in mind that the heels of the two legs should be mixed together. Now try to stretch the body backward and try to match the ankles on the ground. We will try to raise our buttocks as much as possible.
- Step 9 – Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Low Lunge Pose) – Make the posture like the fourth position in this position. During the exercise, try to move the left leg backwards while filling the breath. Stretch the chest forward. Tilt the neck more back. Leg stretched straight backstretch and foot paw. Wait a while in this situation.
- Step 10 – Padahastasana (Standing forward bend) – Bend forward, slowly exhaling breath in the third position. The hands should be contiguous to the neck and ears and the bottom-right feet should touch the ground. Keep in mind that during its practice the knees should be straight and the forehead should touch the knees. Pause for a few moments in this situation.
- Step 11 – Hasta Uttanasana (Raised arms pose) – This position is similar to the second position. While in the second posture, take both hands up while exhaling. In this position, move the hands backward and at the same time tilt the neck and waist backward, that is, come to the posture of ardhachakrasana. Read – Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- Step 12 – Pranam asana (Prayer pose) – This position is like the first Mudra, that is, the posture of salutations. After practicing the twelve postures, stand in the first position of rest again. Now do the practice of these asanas again. Beginners should do this 4-5 times in practice and gradually increase it to 12-15.
After practicing Surya Namaskar and other yoga asanas, do complete rest in yoga sleep or in the Shavasana. After that, you will feel a fit, happy, and calm atmosphere throughout the day and a mantra that will have an impact on you throughout the day.
Avoid Surya Namaskar in These Situations
Physical Weakness – If there is a weakness in the body due to chronic disease or bone weakness, do not take Surya namaskar steps in this situation, it is very important to consult your doctor.
In Cardiovascular Diseases – Do not use in severe cardiovascular diseases. If you used to practice it before sickness and then are thinking of doing it after illness, then remember that consent of doctor and yoga teacher is very important for you to do it again otherwise you will face trouble If your doctor agrees to do the teacher again, then try to do it under the supervision of a good yoga teacher. Read – How to Increase Height
High Blood Pressure – Even if you are suffering from high bp, you should not do Surya namaskar steps without a doctor’s advice. If you are not old enough, then in such a condition, you should ask the doctor very slowly and slowly take a few rounds of Surya namaskar steps. Do it Do not force or hurry in it at all.
Spinal Diseases or Back Pain – Do not practice in such a condition if you have any type of disease in your spinal cord or you have been taught of back pain due to any injury or any other reason. Because by doing this, there is a very deep spasm in the spine, due to which you may have to face pain and discomfort.
Pregnant Women – Surya namaskar steps cause tension and pressure in the spine and abdomen, so Pregnant women should not do it. After 40 days of delivery, you can start Surya Namaskar to reduce belly fat.
Menstruation – Women should not do Surya namaskar during periods as the body should avoid doing any kind of labor during that period.
At The Time of Fever or illness – Because at such a time the body is weak for practice and not fully prepared, it is not right to do more labor. know – Yoga Diet Chart
Arthritis – If a person has arthritis or swelling in joints or has problems in knees/knees, do not do Surya Namaskar even in such a situation or do it very comfortably in the presence of an instructor.
Perfect Time To Do Surya Namaskar
The best time to do Surya Namaskar is in the morning, so those who want to do this exercise should do this exercise before 6 in the morning. Also, do not eat anything before doing this exercise, because while practicing it, your stomach should be completely empty. When you drink water in the morning, start the practice right after 15 minutes. By doing this exercise daily, the body benefits greatly, the body remains fit all the time and the people who do this do not have any kind of tiredness.
Note: If you want to start yoga classes at the comfort of your home then you can email us to join online yoga classes. We are always happy to help. Always make sure to contact your doctor whenever you are performing any new exercise.
Follow us on Facebook: Yoga Skilled