Suryabhedi Pranayama – In winters the temperature drops during the morning and night, it feels very cold. The chilling air freezes the body inside out. We protect ourselves with warm clothes from outside but what about inside? Yoga is the best way to protect yourself from falling ill in such weather.
What is Suryabhedi Pranayama
Our right nostril is thought to be associated with the Surya Nadi. This is called Surya Swara. After this, it got its name Surya Bhedan Pranayam. The regular practice of Suryabhedana Pranayama generates heat inside the body. This pranayama should be done in winter. Let’s know about its benefits and how to do it. Read – Benefits of Chakrasana
The process of Surya bhedi pranayama is the process which starts from right nostril and the exhalation should be from the left nostril. Prana energy goes through the Pingala or Suryanadi in all the processes of breathing. Breathing is released through the Ida or Chandranadi. Here the flow of breath is controlled and the lungs absorb more energy.
Suryabhedi Pranayama is known for the process of breathing through the right nasal cavity and is one of the most powerful pranayams of yoga. According to researchers, it has been considered very effective for cold days, because it produces energy and heat in our body, due to which the effect of the cold season starts to decrease internally. Not only this, changing in the weather also disturbes the temperature in our body. In this way, the regular practice of sunbathing helps in keeping our body temperature balanced as well as our physical health. Know about – Nadi Shodhana
According to researchers in the practice of Suryabhedi Pranayama, the complementary action is done through the right side of the nose. Because the right side of the nose is called Surya Swar and the left is called Chandra Swar, the right side flows through Pingala Nadi i.e. Surya Nadi to breathe in through the right side. In releasing the breath from the left side let energy flow through the Ida pulse or the moon pulse. Research has found that regular practice of this increases age and at the same time it is considered important for Kundalini awakening.
Method of Suryabhedi Pranayama
- Step -1 First of all, sit in the position of Padmasana by laying the mat on the ground.
- Step -2 Keep your eyes closed.
- Step -3 Now close the left nostril with your little and Ring finger
- Step -4 Now breathe slowly through the right nostril without making any sound.
- Step -5 Fill your lungs with maximum breath.
- Step -6 Now close the right nostril with the right thumb and lock the chin firmly towards the chest (Jalandhar bandha) while holding the breath.
- Step -7 It is Kumbhak and gradually increase the duration of Kumbha.
- Step -8 Now close the right nostril with the thumb, exhale slowly without making any sound from the left nostril.
- Step -9 The ratio of breathing, exhalation, and Kumbhak should be 1: 2: 4.
- Step -10 This is a cycle of Suryabhedana Pranayama. In this way, you do 5 to 10 cycles.
Benefits of Suryabhedi Pranayama
- To Increase Positive Thinking – Surya bhedi pranayama helps in communicating positive thoughts through regular practice of Pranayama. When we think positively our thinking becomes positive, then we also get positive results. And along with this, regular practice gives peace to mind, brain and body.
- To Get Rid of Stress – To reduce stress and to get rid of mental stress, Bhramari Pranayama is very beneficial. So to get rId of stress one must do this pranayam, along with that, doing it increases the feeling of self-confidence in the person.
- Cure The Diseases – This pranayama is also beneficial for the eyes, cough, asthma, sinus, lungs, heart, and piles.
- Beneficial in Phlegm Problem – relieves phlegm diseases. The effect of phlegm is from the head of the body to the chest. If the balance of phlegm deteriorates, then we get such diseases as headache, cough, cold, migraine pain, etc. Know – How to increase Height
- Generates Heat Inside The Body – The regular practice of Suryabhedana Pranayama generates heat inside the body. The result is the increased temperature of the body due to the failure of temperature control.
- Cleans The intestines – Regular practice of this pranayama cleanses the intestine. In human anatomy, the intestine (or intestine) is the part of the alimentary canal that extends from the stomach to the anus and humans and In other mammals, it occurs in two parts, the small intestine, and the large intestine.
- Increases sex Energy – This gives the right dimension to sex energy. Performing sobriety at the sun leads to the achievement of solar knowledge. Sun is our center of energy, our sensuality. Or simply say that the center of sex is the sun energy within us. Caution to do sun penetrating pranayama
- Helping To Relax The Body and Mind – This pranayama helps us in purifying the seven chakras of our body and helps in awakening the Kundalini Shakti. The main objective of this technique of Pranayama is to relax the body and mind, so there is no need to exhaust yourself during this process of yoga. When you start this pranayama, after that you have to keep your body completely calm and stable.
Precaution to Perform Suryabhedi Pranayama
- Do not over inflate the stomach and chest while doing the supplement.
- Perform supplementary action by controlling breathing.
- Breathing sounds should not occur while doing the supplemental laxative.
- Do not do pranayama in a closed room nor in the fan.
- A clean environment should be in place for the practice of Pranayama.
Time And Duration
If you practice it every day in the morning then you will get good results. Practising it in the morning and on an empty stomach is more fruitful. The time duration of this pranayam should be increased gradually. Let’s Read – Pregnancy Yoga Poses
This awakens the part of the brain that possesses masculine power, that is, it awakens and increases the life force. It produces heat in the body and purifies the blood. By doing this, more red particles are formed in the blood. Its regular practice is beneficial in leprosy. It makes the mind healthy and increases the will power. Its regular practice completely helps in reducing anxiety, depression, and other mental illnesses from inside you. Traditionally, sun piercing has also been known to stimulate the brain and increase body heat. This pranayama increases digestive fire.
Note: If you want to start yoga classes at the comfort of your home then you can email us to join online yoga classes. We are always happy to help. Always make sure to contact your doctor whenever you are performing any new exercise.
Follow us on Facebook: Yoga Skilled