Are you thinking about calming your mind and body through pranayama So we would suggest you do an ancient yoga breathing technique called Ujjayi Pranayama, its practice is a part of Ashtanga used by the ancient yogis of India.
Breeding exercises in yoga are called ‘Pranayam’. Ujjayi Pranayama is a type of pranayama. Ujjayi is a Sanskrit word that means to conquer. Its practice helps in maintaining peace of mind and warmth in the body. Whenever you practice it, at that time you feel the breathing present in your lungs. Ashtanga or configuration yoga is mostly used to perform such pranayam. Learn, techniques, and benefits of doing this pranayama. Read – Kapal Bhati Yoga Benefits
What is Ujjayi Pranayama?
The word “Ujjayi” is derived from the Sanskrit prefixes “Ud” and “Zi”: Ujjayi (Ajay), which means “Vijay”, “One who is victorious”. Thus Ujjayi Pranayama means “victorious breath”. Vayu is won by practicing this pranayama. Many serious diseases can be avoided through Ujjaya Kriya and Pranayama in Yoga, provided that the said Pranayama and Kriya should be regularized by learning from a qualified Yoga teacher. let,s Read – benefits of Dhanurasana
This is such pranayama that by practicing regularly, your aging process slows down and you become young for a very long time. This is a benefit, this pranayama has countless health benefits. Now we will learn about the definition of this pranayama. It is breathed slowly from both nostrils and when the breath is exhaled, the right nostril is closed and the breath is exhaled slowly from the left nostril. When the breath is taken from both nostrils, the sound is produced by vibrating the thyroid part of the neck. This sound is typical of this. Read about: Ashtanga Yoga
According to Hathapradipika, by closing the mouth, a person should slowly draw air from both nostrils. While pulling the breath, a sound should be produced in such a way that the breath is felt from the throat to the chest. After performing Kumbhak, the air is released slowly from the left nostril. It cures throat diseases caused by mucus and increases gastroenteritis. Let,s Know – Nadi Shodhana pranayama
Its practice is the mythological technique of breathing, which is currently used for yoga practice. When someone does it smoothly, their mind and mind are calm. At the same time, like all the elements of yoga, if practiced with practice, patience, open thoughts, and heart, there are many benefits.
How To Do Ujjayi Pranayama
- Sit in any comfortable easy. Relax the entire body.
- Inhale evenly.
- After a while, bring your attention to the neck.
- Feel or imagine that the breath is coming from the throat.
- When breathing becomes slow and deep, narrow the throat. By doing this, there should be a slow noise when you breathe in and out of your throat. Know – benefits of Chakrasana
- Now the breath should be long and deep.
- Breathing through both the left, right and both nostrils as mentioned above is the complete cycle of a Bhastrika Pranayama.
- Do this for 10-20 minutes.
- If you have trouble sitting for a long time, Ujjayi Pranayama can also be done by lying down or getting stiff.
Benefits of Ujjayi Pranayama
- It has a profound effect on the spiritual level.
- It helps in getting rid of insomnia; To get this benefit, practice it in Shavasana before sleeping.
- Ujjayi Pranayama is classified into peace-giving pranayams. It is practiced in yoga therapy to calm the nervous system and mind. Read –Bbenefits of Shavasana
- Ujjay reduces fluid retention. It removes all seven disorders of the body: blood, bone, marrow, fat, semen, skin, and flesh.
- This pranayama slows down the heart rate without stopping the breath or using a bandage and is useful for people suffering from high BP.
When To do Ujjayi Pranayama
Practicing this pranayama is especially good for balancing tension and mind, whenever you find yourself stressed you can feel balanced by practicing this.
Ujjayi Pranayama Precautions
- Ujjayi Pranayama should not be done by those whose thyroid is greatly increased. Such a person should practice this pranayama under the supervision of a specialist.
- High blood pressure and heart patients should not do Kumbhak, they can do it without Kumbha.
- People with low blood pressure should not do this pranayama.
A healthy life can be lived through pranayama and yoga. Yoga gurus tell that by doing this one can live a life without sickness. In this link, we will tell you about Ujjayi Pranayama and how to do it with its benefits. But what is Ujjayi Pranayam first, it is very important to know. The word Jaya of Ujjai is born, it means victorious. In such a situation, the pranayama which gives us freedom from bondage is called Ujjayi pranayama. It is one of the eight Kumbhakas of Hatha Yoga. Know – Padmasana Advantages
Experts say that the quality of our breath is very important because it is our breath that tells our internal filings. If you have ever gone to a yoga class, you must have heard that you breathe like a bright breath. Ujjayi Pranayama is a special type of breathing, which is used in many yoga exercises.
Note: If you want to start yoga classes at the comfort of your home then you can email us to join online yoga classes. We are always happy to help. Always make sure to contact your doctor whenever you are performing any new exercise.
Follow us on Facebook: Yoga Skilled