Pranayama is generally considered to be a process of breath control. Seeing the practice under it, it seems right, but the truth behind it is something else. it is made up of a combination of two words: prana and Ayam. Prana means vital energy or life force. The power that exists in all things, whether it is alive or inanimate. In which, through breathing, this energy is transmitted to all the channels of the body. The word Yama means control.
Pranayama is the fourth of the eight organs of yoga. The word pranayama is formed by the prana + dimension. The meaning of life is considered to be the individual soul, but it is related to the air under the body, whose main place is in the heart. When a person is born, he takes a deep breath and when he dies, he exits completely. Then it was proved that air is the soul. Dimension has two meanings – first control or stop, second expansion.
This is an important part of yoga, what is yoga? before you practice it, and what are the benefits of yoga? It should be known? when we breathe, the air or air going in is divided into five parts, or say that it settles at five places inside the body. The air in five parts benefits in five ways, but many people who breathe become ill due to not getting all the organs. It is practiced so that all the organs get adequate air, which is very important.
13 Benefits of Pranayama Practice
- Respiratory activity of pranayama makes the lungs strong and increases their flexibility due to which there is more and more transmission of pranavayu (oxygen) throughout the body and due to the increased heat, organ parts are strengthened and healthy.
- Through its practice, as much pure life reaches inside the body, as much contaminated air (carbon dioxide) is also removed, due to which the contaminated feces inside the body cannot accumulate and the body remains clean and clean.
- The chemical changes that occur due to the breakdown of cells due to physical exertion, the organism entered into it by its practice compensates them.
- Apart from respirators, regular components of the inner brain, pituitary gland, pineal gland, eye, ear, nose, and guts, etc. are also kept clean and clean by its regular practice. As a result of which memory is intensified, brain disorders are removed and the activity of all other organs increases.
- It accelerates the speed of blood circulation. As a result, the blood reaches the brain’s microbe easily. For this reason, the brain gets restless for some time and also gets the benefit of relaxation and becomes refreshed and becomes more active.
- By establishing control over the tantrikatantra, it makes the nerves strong, as a result of which the face of the practitioner of Pranayama appears bright and happy and his entire personality becomes attractive.
- Removing many diseases makes the body healthy and athletic. Through this, the senses become introverted, due to which the attainment of dharna (concentration) is accomplished by the pratyahara.
- A stable mind and strong will power are attained.
- Apart from this, regular practice gives longevity.
- Increases vitality in your body.
- If you have a blocked pulse, then its regular practice opens it.
- Provides clarity to the mind and health of the body.
- By doing pranayama in body, mind, and soul, there is harmony.
Pranayama cleanses the mind and brain. The defects created by our senses are overcome by its practice. This is to say that by practicing it regularly, the bad thoughts coming to our mind and brain are eliminated and peace of mind is experienced and many diseases of the body are eradicated. That is, the natural movement of life is to stop breathing, and in normal language, the action by which we control the breathing process is called Pranayama.
Some simple instructions and Rules Required for Pranayama
- It is better to do pranayama after asanas.
- While practicing this, the body should be straight but relaxed. There should not be any tension in the mind.
- Some pranayama is done by sitting, some lying down and some standing. Pranayama, done by sitting or lying down, does particularly purifying the interior but does not prove to be particularly effective for the external body. Standing pranayama is beneficial in both external and inertial forms.
- There are many types of this. Some of them are simple exercises and some are difficult. Whichever of these pranayamas you find interesting and practicable, you should benefit by practicing them.
- Some pranayamas are also performed in various asana positions. So they should do it in the same situation. The methods of practice of this should be treated accordingly as mentioned.
- The use of humor after practice proves beneficial.
- For the success of this, every type of intoxicants – alcohol, cannabis, ganja, bidi, cigarette, etc. are prohibited. All the rules mentioned under the Yama rule should follow the instructions.
- It can be practiced at any time, but for this morning time is considered the best. One should practice only after retiring from the toilet.
- The new practitioner should save the body from cold and heat. It is better to start practice in autumn.
- Milk, ghee, butter, fruit, and wheat bread – all these are good food for its practitioner, but people should practice pranayama for at least 15 minutes daily.
- While practicing this, all disorders and worries should be removed from the mind. Mental disorders disappear automatically by practicing pranayama for a few days.
- It is beneficial to do this regularly. Occasionally, it does not get its real benefit.
- In this, it is advisable to do a subtle inspection of the movements of the mind while inhaling and remain neutral while exhaling.
- If the practitioner complains of constipation at the time of practice, salt-spices should be stopped for a few days. If there is thin diarrhea, then curd and rice should be consumed.
- The action of pranayama should be done in a place that is always solitary, quiet, clean, airy, pure, and attractive. Practicing it in deodorant, sealed, or dirty places are prohibited.
Note- Every person should practice pranayama after asanas. Here are 13 such benefits that motivate you to practice daily, the order in which the benefits have been told here is told by the skill teachers of yoga from their personal experience